Lobster Pictures designs, builds and deploys the world’s best time lapse and monitoring camera system and software which allows people view, share and document major projects from everywhere.
We're often asked to complete very challenging technical briefs on a tight timescale, and we always deliver. Need a solar-powered system in the desert in two weeks? Certainly. Something in Texas tomorrow? No problem. Our amazing can-do attitude to customer service has sent us all over the world and helped us to build a blue-chip client list.
We’re looking for a developer to join our busy and enthusiastic team based in central Bristol. You will be responsible for maintaining and developing new features for our flagship product Lobster Vision and our camera control platform, along with other internal and external tools.
Our ideal candidate will have 2+ years of experience in a similar role, understand the importance of user experience and have a grasp of mobile platforms. They’ll also need to have experience of a variety of technologies, including but not limited to: PHP, Apache, MySQL, Git, HTML & CSS.
Reporting to the Technical Director your responsibilities will include:
- Maintenance of Lobster Vision
- Developing new features of Lobster Vision
- Logging, updating and maintaining our bug tracking system
- Tracking & reporting on activity
- Creating & maintaining tests and testing schedules
- Dealing with third party APIs
- Taking prototypes and building them into production systems
- Working with UI & UX designers and implementing feedback
- Analytics analysis
- PHP (Codeigniter)
- Linux (Debian, Ubuntu)
- Apache, Nginx
- CSS (Less, Sass)
Salary — £20-25k depending on experience
Location — Central Bristol
How to apply
This position is now closed.